Job Title: Assistant Director, Talent Development
What's the role?
Assistant Director, Talent Development
In this role, you will play a key role in the design, development, and implementation of Northwestern Mutual’s Home Office talent development strategy, enabling HR and business leaders to build a pipeline of high performing talent for critical roles. Bringing deep subject matter expertise on talent development best practices, you will:
• Create development frameworks and programming that align with NM talent development strategy and leadership models, ensuring scalability and adaptability to meet needs across the enterprise.
• Translate current business priorities and talent philosophies to establish talent development approach for targeted groups, such as High Potential, early career, and diverse talent.
• Partner with the Talent Management COE and HR Business Partners to design and implement development solutions, including facilitation when appropriate.
• Create the learning and development tools and resources to build talent pipelines for critical roles at Senior Leader and Executive levels, as well as partner with the Assistant Director of Leadership Development to create a continuous learning journey at all levels of the organization.
• Design holistic learning experiences that integrate formal, social, and hands-on learning for participants; blending internal and external content and perspectives.
• Partner across the Enterprise Learning team to deliver programming content and curriculum via NM University, ensuring a consistent and integrated learning experience, incorporating the innovative use of technology solutions to meet programmatic needs.
• Align talent development philosophies with talent management practices, ensuring consistency in actions taken based on talent process decisions (e.g. development based on 9-box placement).
This role is a great opportunity to be at center of an organization’s evolving Talent Management ecosystem and provides you an opportunity to contribute your professional talent, organizational, and development expertise, while gaining insight and exposure into the full spectrum of initiatives, systems and processes that support our function.
Bring your best! What this role needs:
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Education or a related field or an equivalent combination of professional related work experience.
• A minimum of 8-10 years of progressively responsible work experience to include a minimum of 5-7 years business experience leadership development experience to include senior leaders and high potential talent.
• Strategic thinker who can balance current challenges and future possibilities and create strategic focus in an actionable manner for the business.
• Demonstrated ability to take an idea from conception to successful and sustainable execution.
• Broad exposure to leadership development content, technology and tools.
• Mastery of contemporary adult learning principles and models, curriculum construction and facilitation with demonstrated ability to be creative, flexible, and innovative in the design of experiential learning and retention.
• Strong consulting skills; including the ability to lead, direct, negotiate and influence with and without direct authority at all levels of the organization; strong ability to manage and stakeholders.
• Ability to develop practical leadership development strategies and execution plans in a variety of business environments and hold senior leaders accountable for plan execution.
Please apply using this link: http://bit.ly/2NA9hx4
The SEWI-ATD Chapter website provides a job posting service to businesses in Southeastern Wisconsin seeking individuals in the training and/or curriculum design field. The fee to post a job for 60 days is $75 for active SEWI-ATD members, and $125 for non-members. It's easy to pay for your post below! Please attach your job posting (Word .doc format) and send to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Don't forget "how to apply" instructions. Jobs will be processed/posted within 2-3 business days after payment is received.
SEWI-ATD Terms for Advertising
PAY FOR YOUR JOB POST: Fees can be paid here via CREDIT CARD or PayPal